Monday, August 16, 2010

Words Hurt...

Has someone ever said something about you that you've never forgotten?
You can hear the words flowing from their mouth over and over again in your head...
It gives you that feeling in your stomach that just aches in a sickening way.

It doesn't make sense.
I don't understand why people can't just be nice to everyone.
I mean, I know that's not how the world works... I was always told that.
But really? Seriously people...



I'm not talking about the physical kind of bullying.
 






I really feel that "hands-on" bullying is old news. 



Nowadays, kids are fighting through the internet and cyber bullying is becoming more of the "trend."


I'm really starting to believe that it's getting out of control, too. When kids are committing suicide and causing harm to themselves based on the unnecessary comments of others, that's just not right.

I really wish there was something I could do about it...
So, as a result... No, not a result... because I don't care what other people think about me, I make it a point to be cordial to anyone and everyone. We're here on Earth for such a short time. Why not reach out to someone who may be considered a "social outcast" by the people considered to "high society"...

There's no way to avoid cliques, because that's more of an established group of friends... but they only become "cliquey" when they start hazing and/or harassing others who might be too timid to stand up for themselves.

WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST LEAVE EVERYONE ALONE?!
* I use the term "You People" loosely to stand for anyone who bullies an someone or causes misery to any individual.

I wish there was a way that I could get people to stop talking about other people behind their backs, or stop people from making people seem as though they don't have a reason to live.
Although I'm only one individual, I believe that a smile and a friendship can go a long way.
Just being someone's friend is all that anyone can ask for.
People don't ask for betrayal or backstabbing.
All they want and expect out of you is a friend.
Now, if you can just do that for everyone, think of what a better place the world would be.

Food for Thoughts :)

1 comment:

  1. Gina,
    Great blog post! It was a great read!
    If only everyone was like you this world would be a better place. It is really a shame that some people have to talk about others behind their backs.
    All we can do is try and be friends with everyone and maybe we can start a happy trend!

    ReplyDelete