Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Everything I Know In Life...

I Learned From F.R.I.E.N.D.S

I have a poster that says that as the header & then has a bunch of different bullet points of funny sayings and references to the T.V. show that any fan of the show would find instantly hilarious.
I have also recently  been watching the spin-off of the series, which was called "Joey," where Matt LeBlanc, who played Joey Tribbiani on the ten-season smash hit of "Friends." 

Even though everyone else thinks the show was a flop, my brother and I have been enjoying the show very much. We've decided that the we think the reason many people didn't really give "Joey" a chance was because all they were doing was comparing it to "Friends" and were expecting it to just as good or even better.

For Christmas this past year I finally received the gift I had been asking for for the past few years, which was the complete series collection box set of "Friends." My mother's main hesitation was that she was afraid I wouldn't get enough use out of it, because she really didn't think I would want to watch them over and over again. On the contrary. I haven't had the for an entire year yet, and am already going through the series for the second time. That's ten years of one show times two... in less than one year. I'm surprisingly proud of that.

If you haven't gotten on board with the show, I suggest you watch it. It's really an excellent show, and I find myself regularly making referencing to specific occurrences from the show.

Today marked my "one more week left of Summer vacation." I don't mind though, because I'm actually excited for Senior year!

I feel as though time has flown by extra fast, but I'm excited to see where the paths of life take me. I can't imagine things going any different way than they have been. I'm excited for my journalism class this year... I'm really pushing for the position of Editor-In-Chief this year! *Keep 'em crossed! I'm excited for my Musical Theatre class & when we put on our musical The Wizard of Oz...Where I'll be playing Tree #2.. as well as a featured dancer and other miscellaneous stuff like that. I'm excited to be a part of The North Canton Playhouse's (In collaboration with the Palace Theatre) production of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. The show dates are Oct. 28th-31st! :) I'm excited to get a letter in the mail from Bowling Green University telling me whether I've been accepted or not. I'm excited to turn eighteen. Yes, 18. 

With so many things to look forward to this year, I can't help but be excited. I will continue learning important life lessons from F.R.I.E.N.D.S and keep you all updated on the haps of my mind :)

Food for Thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment