Friday, February 13, 2015

Oh Won't You Stay With Me, Cause I Won't Back Down...

MUSIC.

I hate when I get fooled by Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama," and think I'm about to be graced by "Werewolves of London," by Warren Zevon...


Werewolves of London


VS.



Sweet Home Alabama

--------------------------------------------

Like, I know they aren't the same song. If you listen to each of them, right after another (the beginnings), you can hear the differences, but they are just soooo similar still.


It's so cruel when I'm listening to the radio & I get super pumped for 5 seconds and then realize "Werewolves of London" isn't the song that's actually playing... I don't care that SHA came first... WoL is better... Sry.

BUT! That's not even the worst part...

You know what's worse?

WHEN THE SONG IS NEITHER OF THE TWO.

That's right.

Sometimes you get double-fooled and the song is actually "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock...


My hopes were up.. and then BAM.

--------------------------

Another one that is literally an actual copy...

Rixton's "Me & My Broken Heart"



VS.


Rob Thomas' "Lonely No More"



Like......... The actual same. Bye.



----------------------------------------------------------


Okay, I'm not claiming that they are literally chord-for-chord playing the same exact song throughout the entirety of both songs....

BUT...

The chunks of some of the chord progressions/cadence of parts of the song are seriously too close to not be compared & rightfully so...

**I am also not claiming to be a music expert, clearly...Just an avid music listener/cruel-nit-picky person...

I think this is incredibly relevant right now though.

SAM SMITH vs. TOM PETTY(win)
Tom Petty just successfully sued Sam Smith for Smith's, "Stay With Me" sounding much too similar to Petty's, "I Won't Back Down."

I wasn't convinced at first... Then, I found this:

Whew.

You can definitely hear it.

-----------------------------------------------

But honestly, music has been around for so long... Things are bound to sound similar every once in a while.

Whoops.

Anyway, I found this cool website:

If you go there, you can listen to a bunch of different songs that people have compiled that sound similar. There's a forum below where people comment & it's just really neat to see all the songs over the years that have been "copied."

Well, judge for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment