Sunday, October 7, 2012

Teenage Dream...

This is my last post ever as a teenager.
YIKES!

I'm excited to be more of an adult.
A societally recognized adult.
When you're 18, yes, you're an "adult," but…
You're still looked down upon.. greatly.
People still classify you as a "reckless teenager," or whatever else they call us.
Well, almost no more ridicule for me.

I was talking to my mother the other day about how teens are scrutinized and stereotyped.

My brother stopped at a gas station to get some gum before his homecoming dance and the man behind the counter made a common to him saying how the gum wouldn't cover up alcohol.
Okay, okay… He's SEVENTEEN.
No need for those comments.
They breathalyze to get into the dances anyway, so you'd have to be stupid to drink beforehand anyways.

Another example

Would be when students go to the health clinic here on campus… Not every problem is related to alcohol. Seriously. I'm just sick… Diagnose me and make me better.

But there was my little rant.

I'm excited to be 20.

YAYYYYY! :D

Phew! Less than a half hour left! :)


Food for Thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment